Well folks, the ASA site is finally on WordPress and I aim to release a weekly blog. Posts will include themes such as:
- Experiences in daily life regarding AS.
- How AS affects us on a seasonal basis (environmental and holiday).
- Any information regarding legislation, advances, positions, and topics that I come across. User submissions are always accepted. The predominate focus will the the United States, since that’s where the blog is maintained, but I implore you to keep me up to date on situations and topics in your country. I would ask that you limit any political discussions to the topic at hand; please take your political opinions to a forum more suited for it.
- Keep me aware of services, people, organizations, and other useful resources happening in your area. I will be glad to include them in the ASA website, with your permission.
- Blogs of a personal nature, as they relate to my experiences with AS. If you’ve got a blog yourself and would like to get an audience, feel free to post it on my wall.
- More to be added as the topics come in.
Goals for the first six months of 2012, for this site and page include:
- Getting the WP page its own domain.
- Increased promotion of FB page throughout Facebook and Twitter. Blogs will be cross posted on both networks.
- I set no expectations, but I’d like to get 1,000 ‘likes’ on the FB page.
- As funding allows, I’d like to attend at least one events involving the Adult Asperger community. I do volunteer for a non-profit, whose events I attend, but I don’t let the two cross.